Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mov'n to Montana...Jump in the Snow (Part VII)

Day 8
This is the final Mov'n to Montana blog...I'll have plenty of other things to blog about but we are officially moved. 

It is 9:22 p.m. and the sun is setting as we look out of the City Brew window (Port City Java of Billings for my friends in ILM) I won't get internet until Monday so I'll have to hang here a few minutes each day. 

Today started early as we began to unload the truck around 8 a.m. Mountain Standard Time. The work went quickly and we were excited to learn we had minimal damage to our stuff. A few broken plastic tubs and a scratch or two on the furniture, nothing major. We finished unloading around 3 p.m. and Court got busy unpacking. The men, argh, we put the beds together and made an errand run or two.

We do have a few issues, our bedroom furniture doesn't really fit the bedroom, but other than that it is good. 

A friend from Billings named Jonas came by and helped with the last few heaviest items, but more importantly introduced us to the Golden Phoenix, a delicoussssssss, Chinese restaurant.

I'll drop Donald at the airport around 5 a.m. in the morning and sometime tomorrow afternoon Donald's big adventure will be over. "THANX! I couldn't have done it without you."

If you are interested in my new contact info feel free to send me an e-mail. (Phone, Address, E-mail) If you don't know my e-mail you can find it on the www.montanamc.org website.

Prayer Request: Please keep Court, Avery and I in your prayers, pray for spiritual protection. Also, pray for our first church meeting this Sunday night. I believe there will be 3 other couples from Billings present that have some level of interest in helping to plant this church. Finally, pray for God to develop our leadership team.

The highlights today were Golden Phoenix and Court was extremely excited to find out that we have a strawberry patch in our back yard. Oh yea, Avery picks and eats them without washing them. So we'll have to keep an eye on that...

Text Message Competition Up Date:
Donald 301
Ryan 12 (Personal Best)
Court 1

Police Report:
0 Traffic Stops

8 comments:

Muirs of C'dale said...

Courtney, et al,

So glad to hear you are home safe. That was quite a journey and I have enjoyed reading about it and knowing you were safe each day. The blog was a great idea.

I remember the first time I saw the Badlands. I thought about the first Europeans who say it, they must have thought it was the end of the world!

I'll be thinking and praying for you Sunday evening. I now it will be a great beginning.

Stawberries!

Nancy

Ryan Tucker said...

they are a special place. i believe they might be my favorite place in SD.

Anonymous said...

I really feel like God is using me where I am and I am not ready to move yet, but I so wish that your move was happening a few years from now. I am really interested in what you are doing and there are so many things to love up there. I would love to be with you all. I pray for you and will visit soon. You got to find Great Harvest Bread on Polly Ave., Mongolian Grill, and Torres(mexican place on Frontage Rd, past Cracker Barrel). Thanks for the updates on your travels and work.

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I couldn't agree with you more. I have said for a long time now that I wish we could just go back to the open air worship of Jesus' day because once you put the walls up the battle begins because the bills have to be paid. I will anxiously follow your progress.

Blessings,

Sharon

Jaimie McG said...

holy moley! 301 text messages?!? That's Ridiculous (with a sputtering spit)

I also can't help but notice the repetitive 'x' replacing the "k and s" in thanks. why do you feel the need to do this. is it cool to do it in montana?

Ryan Tucker said...

YES!

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I Don't have your straight-in e-mail, so I'll attempt to communicate this way. Today (Monday) I mailed you three books. The people at the P. O. said it should take about 7 days to get there. Hope they are helpful.

Ron Blankenship said he would send you a book on church planting that he has found helpful. He is DOM in Maryland just outside of D. C.

Blessings,

Ben

Ryan Tucker said...

thanks, i look forward to it. there is an e-mail link at our website www.montanamc.org