Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mov'n to Montana...Jump in the Snow (Part III)

Day 4
After a short run this morning and a hardy breakfast we all walked the fifty yards over to my father's church, Gibson Baptist, a Montana Missional Communities partner I might add. After the worship service and a quick lunch we were on the road. Donald and Avery continued to grow their relationship as he took her to the playground for a short post lunch/pre trip play date. The Montana caravan now consists of Donald, Timber and myself in the Nissan and Court, Avery, Mom and Dad in the Honda.

About an hour and half into the drive we had our first interesting experience of the day. A roadside brush fire! It was pretty cool. Interestingly enough this is our second fire, in NC near the SC line we saw the largest controlled burn I have ever witnessed. Anyway, this wasn't a controlled burned, just a brush fire, I hope nobody got hurt.

The ride went well today, it was my first time in SE Missouri, I was surprised by the topography. I expected it to be flatter than it was, I knew SW Missouri was hilly, but I figured the SE Mizzo would be flat like West Tenn...

I don't know as much about the happenings in the Honda, but apparently my dad isn't such a good back seat Avery entertainer...he may not get a shift tomorrow. I do know that Court didn't feel well today, but she is a trooper.  

Side note...Donald and I both signed a pack tonight pledging our devotion to our  TomTom (GPS), we would follow TomTom anywhere. If TomTom told us our next destination was at the bottom of the Mississippi River we would take a hard right and drive on down.

Speaking of the Mississippi River, Donald earned a neck as we approached it today. He stopped playing his PSP, took out his phone, called his mom and proudly told her, "he was crossing the Mississippi river over a bridge for the first time ever." A few moments later I remembered he had indeed crossed the Mighty Mississippi with our Student Ministry when we went to New Orleans last year as a part of our Mississippi Katrina Relief Mission Trip. NECK!!!

After we got to St. Louis we stopped and had a great Cracker Barrel meal and finished the day off a few hours past St. Louis near Columbia, MO. 
The highlights today were the brush fire and Donald's Mississippi River neck, as well as, an amusing discussion about what it would be like if a talking car got into an argument with a TomTom (GPS)...I laugh as I type.

Text Message Competition Up Date:
Donald 186 (I asked him to turn off his phone during worship and he drove quite a bit today)
Ryan 0
Court 0

Police Report:
5 Traffic Stops

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best series of blog posts ever.

Pruden said...

I am very sorry for not seeing you all before you left and I am ready for my: "THAT'S CRAP"

Hope you know I love each of you and wish you all the best! I am excited to have friends that live in Montana!

Clif Harris said...

I can't believe you ate at Cracker Barrel!