Friday, June 27, 2008

Mov'n to Montana...Jump in the Snow (Part I)

Day 1
We left Wilmington on Thursday bright and early and headed to Knoxville, TN. Thanx to Lanny my last Wilmington meal was a Manhattan Bagel, mmmmmmmmm! Court and Avery in one vehicle; me, Donald (the guy crazy enough to make this trip) and Timber (our 65 lb black lab) in the other. Leav'n is tough! I knew it would be, but it was harder than I expected. 

It took Donald and Timber a bit to get used to each other, but I think they are becoming friends. 
After a hard day of driv'n we pulled into Knoxville, TN about 5 p.m. on Thursday, we had a great dinner with Court's family. The highlights of the day revolved around me gett'n a neck because I forgot to put the truck in park and Avery's pottie experience. Ask me later...

Text Message Competition Up Date:
Donald 324
Ryan 2
Court 0

Police Report:
6 traffic stops

Day 2
We woke up to a home cooked breakfast and spent the morning with Court's family. After lunch we hit the road to Gibson, TN. This trek was quite a bit shorter than yesterday. Only 5 1/2 hours! Donald slept a lot and Timber took his lead, sleeping more. Court had a tough time leav'n her family, it was to be expected. Pray for her though and her family! Once we arrived in Gibson, Donald was introduced to the chaos of the Tucker's house. :) Within minutes of our arrival we had my mother, my father, Court, Avery, Timber, Donald, myself, my sister (Laura), my brother-in-law (Greg) and nephew (Tucker), oh yea, and their dog, Bailey. The house was alive with activity. We had a great dinner. The highlights of the day were the GPS (TomTom), and our guy Richard (GPS Voice) navigating our trip and walking over to Jerry's for ice cream after dinner. 

Text Message Competition Up Date:
Donald 150 (Carrie was at work!)
Ryan 0
Court 3

Police Report:
2 traffic stops

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. You three should have a text message race. If Donald is anything like the younger kids at my school, then he can can type on his phone faster than he can form words with his mouth.

Why are you getting stopped so often by the police?

Ryan Tucker said...

Yea, he can text without looking at his phone. :)

We haven't been stopped, just counting the number of people we see pulled over.