Monday, January 19, 2009

Spring has sprung

I know that spring hasn't actually sprung in Montana, but for almost two weeks our average high temp. has been around 55 or so. Save a few shady spots the snow is completely gone from my yard and I contemplated running outside this morning. I decided against it. :)

There is a sense of excitement around the church and life here in Billings. I was reading Jonah this morning and I certainly understood his situation. Not that God told me to come to Billings to save this city, but I understood his reluctance to follow God. I get that. Following God is a scary thing where I take 2 steps forward and occasion I take 2 steps back. Though we continue to move forward.

So the deep thought today, keep moving forward.

2 comments:

Muirs of C'dale said...

Courtney & Ryan,

Enjoy your weather. Wilmington got an inch of snow yesterday and schools were closed, the mall, libraries, etc. It was amazing for a "northener" to watch the whole process. Then I understood it all last night when the roads were pure ice! NO SALT TRUCKS!

Nancy

Ryan Tucker said...

yea, it is different for those who know how to handle it. we don't have salt here either, but the dry (no humidity) snow doesn't ice up like it does back east.r